Wednesday, October 19, 2011

You say it's your birthday.....

Ah, October 18th.....a blessed day! 

It's really kind of sad when facebook has to remind you that it's your birthday.  Oh well, so be it. 

I woke up yesterday at 4:30am to the sound of my dear husband doing P90X.  He is a freak of nature.  I'm still trying to figure out what mutant gene he acquired that causes him to wake up at 3:50am to work out and that entices him to eat vegetables on a daily basis.  I have the opposite of that gene.  Or I'm just lazy and prefer buttered noodles, take your pick.   

Anywhoozles....I stumbled down the stairs and hurdled the baby gate, as I do every morning.  Yesterday I cleared it without incident....not always the case.  I glanced in the mirror and noticed a few pimples on my nose....probably from my increased Nestle Quik consumption.  I may be 31, but at least I have the complexion of a 13 year old!  Ah...thank you, T-Zone, for making me feel young.   ( I can hear all of you gasping....you thought I was 24, didn't you!?!?!)

Work was uneventful.  I would like to give a shout out to the patient, who prior to receiving a rectal exam from yours truly, stated, "Gosh, I wish you were some old, ugly lady....that would make this easier."  You made my day, sir.  You made my day.  Oh, and you were hemoccult negative....so that's good. 

My lovely attending, knowing that it was my birthday, decided that I should take off early in the afternoon, and so I did.  Thank you Dr. L for being so thoughtful.  And as for you, Dr. P.....YOU forgot my birthday....even though I'm sure facebook reminded you.  But I'm over it.  No, really.....it's cool.  I'm fine.  Clearly. 

I got home and called Danny.  He was at the store picking something up.  I imagined that he was buying me flowers for my birthday.....and the following is what I was planning on blogging after I received said flowers:

"My sweet husband....even though I've told him dozens of times not to buy me flowers.  He knew deep down that I really did want flowers."

He came home with a card and a bag full of Aspen Mulling Spice, a CD and Nutty Bars....no flowers.  And to that I say:

"My sweet husband....he knows that flowers only wither away, but this girl LOVES HER SOME NUTTY BARS!!!"

Later in the evening, Danny and I attended a free dinner at Ruth's Chris.  This doctor gig if finally paying off....'bout dang time!  Unfortunately, my steak came out well done.  In the ultimate show of selflessness and devotion, Danny gave me half of his steak, which was cooked medium to my preference.  I drank 1.5 glasses of wine, and per usual, declared myself drunk after the first glass.  Wine at Ruth's Chris is very potent.  I'm not sure what the speaker was talking about, but he was very energetic....and blurry. 

So that about sums up my birthday.  It was a good one. 

In crummy news, my Grandma B. fell and broke her hip last night.  She's currently at SMMC where they're getting her fixed up.  If you could send some prayers her way, well, that would be nice. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1.5 glasses, you are such a light weight!! Happy B-day my friend!
Love, Rach