Monday, November 21, 2011

A Brief Glimpse into the Weirdness that is my Brain

I was on long call at the VA last night.  Luckily it was a pretty slow night with only four admissions.  So there was no wailing and gnashing of teeth....the way I prefer it.  And for me, there is nothing quite like post-call sleep.  Crawling into bed, utterly exhausted, with a belly full of eggs and bacon is one of the best feelings ever.  And knowing that the crazy that lives at the hospital is now someone else's problem....well that's good stuff! 

So I crawled into bed at about 10:00am and, per usual, slept like a baby.  With a few interruptions from Charlie.  Per usual.  Luckily he usually responds to me yelling, "SHUT UP CHARLIE!  GAH!"  My post-call sleep was going well until the dreaming started.  In my dream Danny gave me a kiss on the neck....which turned into a huge hickey....because my INR was high.  Then my dad yelled at me because it looked "tacky" and "unprofessional." 

Awkward....

No comments: