Friday, March 20, 2009

I dream of Don Chilito's

Do you ever kinda-sorta wake up in the middle of the night, knowing you're dreaming, but understanding that you are talking in your sleep? This happens to me every once in a while, but I usually forget what I've said. Well, the other night, I woke up about 3:00am and said, "Regular combination burrito, red sauce, no lettuce." I looked around, realized I was in my dark bedroom, shrugged and went back to sleep. Danny was able to verify this episode the following day.

In other, semi-Don Chilito's, related news: my mom bought me some body cream a few weeks ago. It's by Burt's Bees and it's called Honey Shea Butter. Well, it smells just like honey, and when I use it, I smell like a big sopapilla who has been rolling around in a vat of honey. This, of course smells....well....delicious, but I'm not sure it's appropriate to smell like a honey-drenched sopapilla. I remember my friend Rachel's mom commenting that we were too old to smell like fruit (Country Apple, anyone?), does this apply to pastries as well? Any thoughts?

3 comments:

The Thrill of Hope said...

Oh my gosh this is hilarious!!! I love it! You girls and your Don Chilito's!
Hey, what can I say though, you guys got me to love it too.:)
Can't wait to find out next week!!! AHH!!!

Anonymous said...

Now I really want Don Chilitos. Lets go sometime this week. Although I do not remember my mother saying that, it's totally something she would say. I don't think it's a bad thing to smell like Don's though, good stuff!
:) Rach

Leslie said...

Hi! Thanks for dropping by to visit my blog and I'm so glad you are happy with that little pink quilt.

I hope you don't think it was a little odd that I came over to check out your blog, too. You have some hilarious entries and this one made me chuckle! I have food dreams myself and lately a few sewing ones but I can't say I've woken myself up with a food order, hee hee.