Sunday, July 5, 2009

Changes

So....things are a-changin' around here. First of all, tomorrow will be the first day of my fourth year of medical school. Freaking CRAZY! It seems like just a few days ago I was starting my first year, scared to death, in over my head, contemplating the hours I would spend crying in the bathroom. And now I'm almost done with medical school. And no crying in the bathroom to speak of. I took the clinical skills portion of Step 2 in Houston last week and I'm pretty sure I passed....based solely on the fact that I speak English....I kid you not. Step 2 Clinical Knowledge (CK) will be August 7th, assuming that Louisa decides to hang out into her 38th week. My worst fear right now is not sitting through an 8 hour test with a near-term infant in my belly, but going into labor in the middle of it. That would be badness. I might have to have some alcohol on hand, for the tocolytic effects. Clearly.
Other things are a-changing as well. Our once cluttered office is now transforming into a nursery. I found myself washing onsies last night and organizing some things in Louisa's crib. Mabel, Charlie and Mickey all decided to pitch in and help. Charlie tried to make off with a stuffed rabbit at one point, but I reminded him that it was Louisa's and he dropped it. I may have smacked him on the butt too. Danny has shown moments of handy-man-brilliance over the past few weeks. He patched some cracks in our walls and did a fantastic job of painting. His next job is to fix up an old dresser at my grandma's house. More brilliance to come, I'm sure.

Well, it's way late (10:30 - I usually go to bed at 9:00 - because I'm street like that), so I'm going to sign off. Maybe I'll post some nursery pictures soon....if I feel like it.

2 comments:

sanya said...

post pictures, post pictures! doctoring and mothering at the same time - you are going to be a legend!

Anonymous said...

Seriously! Post some nursery pictures! Your blog needs more pictures.
:)Rach