Saturday, September 19, 2009

More inappropriate comments from randoms

5 days after Louisa was born, we went to the pediatrician for a check up. Danny was carrying Louisa in her car seat and I waddled in after them. Keep in mind I'm still HUGE (as discussed earlier....and my butt is still itching). Oh yes, and Louisa is small, as most newborn babies are. There was a woman sitting next to us in the waiting room with a child who looked to be about 8 months old. As we walked past her, she looked at me and said, "Oh, you're going to have two close together!"

Me: "Eh?"

Lady: "Two babies...that one is pretty young."

Me: "She's 5 days old."

(silence - my eyes glow yellow - flames shoot from my nostrils)

I realize that people are inherently dumb, but this was the last place I expected to encounter such brazen and unabashed stupidity. This lady had a baby too! She was still a little chubby, so I'm guessing she looked a bit pregnant after her baby was born as well. Maybe she honest-to-goodness thought that there was still a baby in my belly that was just incubating a bit longer. I don't know. As Ron White says, "You can't fix stupid."

2 comments:

Nici Flinn said...

This is hilarious...because seriously, it has to be funny because it can't possibly be anything else. What is wrong with people?!?

Em B said...

You should have told her it was twins, and it was a medical marvel why one can out and the other one didn't. You could've started a great urban legend . . .