Saturday, October 10, 2009

I was not in a car wreck....

When I was in 8th grade, I fractured the bone right above my left eye. It swelled shut, turned purple and looked all together gruesome. People would stop and ask me what happened. I told a few people that I'd been in a fight and that they should see the other girl. What really happened was a collision on the basketball court, but that's just not very exciting. He He He...I remember going to the mall with Rachel and chasing her around acting like Sloth from The Goonies. That's kind of what I looked like. And she's still my friend....

So now I wish I had some awesome story to explain why I've been wearing a neck brace for the past few days. Like I survived some horrific car crash or got a little whiplash while bungee jumping or some such thing. But no. Nope, I seem to have incurred a Louisa-related injury. Apparently my cervical spine doesn't appreciate being bent forward looking at the little peanut all the time. On Wednesday my upper back was a little sore and by Thursday afternoon I could barely move. It's a good thing my dad is a chiropractor. And it's a good thing he makes house calls, well, for me anyhow. And that's probably only because he knew he'd get to see Louisa. Yes, I use her to manipulate my parents. I have no shame.

After a little traction (during which I thought my dad might pull my head off), an ice pack and the neck brace, I'm feeling much better. I think I'm ready to take the brace off. There goes the sympathy from strangers. Oh well. It made my face look fat.

No comments: