Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Palliation

Three patients died today.  One of them was my most favoritest patient ever.  I fought tears most of the day.  Sometimes to keep myself from crying, I do this weird thing where I suck my tongue into the back of my throat.  Occasionally it causes me to make a grunting noise.  I grunted today. 

So after palliating all day, I am in need of some palliation myself.  So far, that has consisted of angel hair pasta with lots of salt and butter.  And now I'm moving on to the hot chocolate phase of my treatment plan.  I doubled the dosage and put 2 hot chocolate packets into one mug....one packet wasn't going to cut it.  If I'm still symptomatic after the hot chocolate, there's a half full bottle of vodka in the kitchen.  Not that I'm going to drink myself into oblivion, but I might just drink myself into oblivion.  Just kidding.  Sort of. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This rotation is a downer! Maybe you should get a massage! But I'll come drink with you if you decide to go with the vodka.
Rach

theJovan said...

:-(