Friday, February 11, 2011

While driving home

As I was driving home today....in my super-rad station wagon....I became keenly aware of that pesky roll of fat that has persistently protruded over the top of my pants for the past 17 months.  And I thought back to the days, many moons ago, when I worked at Jerry's Bait Shop and would tie my Budweiser t-shirts up in a knot to show off my belly.  (What?  Stop looking at me that way.)  I never ONCE had to suck in my belly.  Even when I was sitting down.  No fat rolls.  No blubber.  I took those days for granted. 

As I drove, I sat up as straight as I could, arched my back a little bit and sucked, and sucked and sucked some more. But the roll would not go away.  It actually shifted to my back a little bit. 

Then I went to my mom's house and ate a cookie.

The End

3 comments:

Jessica SG said...

I can totally relate to this...shopped for a swimsuit today and things are not looking good... But we both have beautiful little girls to show for it :)

Sarah Beyer said...

Hahahahahahahahaha!!

Anonymous said...

Fact = we are getting old!!! Good thing you got married young. Starting up Jazzercise tomorrow, hopefully it transforms my body before Oct. 8th. I support you not doing the Bridesmaid diet so the Bride has a chance to shine! :)
Rach