Friday, July 22, 2011

Numbers

Yesterday....

4:50 - the time I rolled out of bed.  Moaning and cursing.

9 - the number of consecutive days I'd worked.

14 - the number of hours I worked in one day.

1 -The number of cinnamon rolls I ate.

4 - The number of cups of coffee I drank.  The minimum required dose to maintain consciousness.

3 - The number of pagers I carried.

0 - The opportunities I had to go to the restroom.

5 - The number of times I've heard Dr. S's sepsis lecture. 

2 - The number of admissions I did after 1600.

7 - The number of times my stupid ID badge fell off my coat.

52 - The number of seconds it took me to pull out a pericardial drain.  My fellow told me if I went too fast I might tear the heart. 

8:15 - The time I left work.

1 - The number of drinks consumed before I declared myself officially intoxicated.

2 - The seconds it took me to fall asleep after crawling into bed.

Happy day off to me!!!  It's about freaking time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yikes. That sounds miserable. Enjoy your day off!!
Rach