Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Dogonnit!

After class this morning I was walking to my truck when I noticed two large dogs running down the street. Running down 39th toward Rainbow. If you're not familiar with this intersection - it's a big, busy, metropolitan intersection where lots of big trucks and speeding cars drive through. One of the dogs stopped a couple blocks from Rainbow, but the other dog (Shepherd/Rottweiler) kept going. I was yelling at it and trying to lure it back with popcorn, but it just kept going. I saw it make a left at Rainbow and just hoped that it stayed on the sidewalk. I wasn't about to go chasing down a big black dog in the middle of an intersection....I have some sense about me.

So, I went from being confused (why are two big dogs running down the street?) to scared (oh my goodness, I hope the big black dog doesn't get hit by a car) to livid (who the crap lets his/her dog go running free near 39th and Rainbow????). Now, let me encourage all of you pet owners to keep an eye on your animals. No...."encourage" is too gentle a word. How about: I will beat you within an inch of your sad little life if you let your animals go running free. I don't care if you live in a nice little neighborhood or if you live in the inner city - take effing care of your animals. Now, to all of you who might be contemplating the purchase or adoption of an animal: if you have any intention of turning your animal loose to roam the streets, or if you don't intend to care for your animal darn near the way you would care for a 2 year old....maybe you should buy some fish or a neat new video game. Okay....just the video game, fish might be too much. You have to clean their tank and feed them.....or they will DIE. Just like if you let your dog out on it's own....odds are it will cross a street.....where there are cars......and it might get hit.....and then it might be seriously hurt.....or dead. All of these things make me very sad....and ANGRY!

No comments: