Saturday, August 4, 2007

nighthawk


I'm supposed to be writing a paper right now, so this will probably be a long entry. More time goofing around = less time doing boring, important things.


I was sitting on the couch watching TV today and a commercial for Burlington Coat Factory came on. It was pretty effective advertising, in about 7 minutes I was up and out the door headed to BCF. Has anyone been there lately? Oh my goodness! Aisles and aisles of cheap, CHEAP stuff! And since this is my last Saturday before my life is over (read: I go back to school), I indulged myself and shopped for a good hour and a half. I got 6 shirts and 2 pairs of pants for about $60.00. Yippee! A poor girl's dream.....even though I already spent my allowance for this month, and it's what?....like the 4th? Anyhow, I would highly recommend that you go there SOON! They're having a huge 40% off clearance sale. I got some shirts that I normally wouldn't buy because....well because they were like $6.00. And I'm wearing one right now. Sweet! Okay, with my glowing endorsement of BCF, I must also warn you that it's a bit trashy. The one on SMPKY isn't as bad as the one at the Great Mall, but the clientel is still a little sketchy. I was there, afterall.


Okay, moving on. Danny and I are at Nighthawk's coffee shop in Mission. He's being all studious and crap and I'm blogging. He thinks I'm writing a paper about my experiences serving humanity, so don't tell him that I'm really just a huge slacker.


Our review of Nighthawk's: The atmosphere is pretty cool. Danny mentioned that it felt kind of "underground." I don't know what he knows about "underground" stuff, but whatever. The service, however, wasn't the greatest. I got a luke-warm latte and a cinnamon roll. The flavor of the latte is good, but again, luke-warm. I think the girl couldn't remember if I said iced or hot, so she shot for somewhere in the middle. Nice work! The cinnamon roll was good, but she forgot that she had put it in the microwave and I had to ask her for it. Oh....and we are the only customers in here. So, 2 of us, 3 of them (coffee girl and 2 owners), so you'd think our odds of good service would be pretty good. The girl has pink hair. I don't know if this is necessarily a reflection of her character or work ethic, but I thought it was worth mentioning. Danny got a coffee - Columbian something or other - he said it tastes like coffee diluted with apple juice, but he won't complain. He's just not a complainer. That's probably why our marriage is so blissful :)


Okay, I think I'm going to have to start writing my paper now. I want to get it done before school starts on Monday. I can't decide if I want to cry or throw up.
(The picture is from Vail....not Mission. Danny is drinking a coffee though folks - so it's appropriate.)

1 comment:

becca-b said...

I like your blog! and i've been very curious about nighthawks..so i'm glad to hear a review. i haven't gone there yet but i always drive by and see the pink-haired girl there.