Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The goings on of....me

Since my life is so gosh-darned exciting, I thought I'd update on what's been going on around here the past few days.

Last Friday: Took step 2 CK (9 hour computer test) aka "boards." It went about as well as you could expect a 9 hour test to go. The chair was comfortable, which was pretty much all I cared about. Louisa kicked the crap out of me for the majority of the test. I choose to think she was just being sweet and trying to keep me awake rather than trying to pester, distract and injure me. I should have my results in 6 weeks.

Monday: OB visit. Still at 1cm, but "a little softer." My cervix is lame....kick it into gear!!!

Tuesday: Went to Don Chilito's with Rachel, Julie, Carmen and Eva. Had a regular combination burrito, red sauce, no lettuce. Based on the Don Chilito's Economic Outlook Forecast things are looking up. They are no longer charging for individual honey packets. The recession, however, isn't totally over, and it won't be until they put the honey back out for the patrons to use up willey-nilley, next to the sopapillas instead under the watchful eye of the cashier.

After dinner, the girls came over and helped me get the nursery situated. They made good suggestions, moved some furniture, reassured me that I would, in fact, be okay. They told me what to pack to go to the hospital. Apparently cute socks are important to have in case my feet are cold while I'm pushing (or to spare Dr. S from my uber-stinky feet). And I need to have cute pj's for after Louisa is born as well as cute outfits for Louisa to have her picture taken in. Child birth is as much about looking good as it is about bringing a new life into the world :)

Eva, who is 19 months old, entertained (actually, terrorized) Charlie for a while. I was super proud of my little one-eyed pirate boy. He let her grab at him, try to ride him and steal his nylabone right out of his mouth! He's going to be a good brudder! Mabel, on the other hand, was completely belligerent and was banished to the backyard. I really can't blame her for acting out. She knows things are changing around here.

Today: I had a super-important meeting with a super-important person (SIP) set up for 11:00. I showed up in SIP's secretary's office (who had scheduled this appointment yesterday), and she informed me that SIP had been out all week sick. She made NO attempt to contact me this morning to let me know that SIP would not be available. Then she asked me if I wanted to reschedule for Friday. When I pointed to my belly and informed her that Friday would be a little too close to D-Day, she looked surprised. Um....hello lady, even skinny 17 year old check out girl at HyVee could see how close I am to popping out a kid! Ugh. It was a completely frustrating experience. Mostly because I had to find a parking spot at SIP's place of work, which was a 10 minute waddle to the door. Then I had another 10 minute waddle once I was inside. AND she scheduled the COTTON-PICKING appointment YESTERDAY AFTERNOON!!!

I'm over it!

So then Danny and I took both cars, both bases and the car seat to our friendly Roeland Park Police station to have our bases installed. Turns out that we are missing a very important piece of hardware for the seat that attaches to the seat belts and helps to lock them into place. There was some seat belt feature that came about in 1999, which made the hardware unnecessary, but since we drive pre-Britney Spears Era vehicles, we need the goods. Put that on the list of things to do tomorrow.

Currently: Cleaning ladies have taken over my house. They have been here since 1:00 and it's like 6:39 now. My house is not much bigger than a doll house, so I don't know what it says about my house keeping abilities (or lack thereof) that they have been cleaning my house for almost 6 hours. My mom said it took 4 hours to clean her house, which is probably 3 times as big as mine. Also, what are you supposed to do when there are people in your house cleaning? It's just kind of awkward. I feel like I should be entertaining them somehow... or apologizing to them. "Um....so sorry about that dust there on the mirror! Oh, and that unidentified goo on the floor in the kitchen. Oh, yeah, we kill spiders and leave them on the walls....don't people do that with deer and fish? What, you didn't think it would take 6 hours to clean my teeny, tiny house.....so sorry!"

UPDATE: Cleaning ladies just left. They didn't look thrilled with me. Infact, they looked a little disappointed. They said that they tried their best to clean my house, but I really should consider having them back every 2 weeks. I realize that this would be in their best interest to make money, but I'm pretty sure they were concerned for the welfare of my unborn child and dead serious that I really do NEED THEM! They were muttering something in a different language as they walked out the door. I can only imagine. Hmmmm. Mom?

Okay. My dogs have been cooped up in their kennels all day - being perfect angels, I might add, so I'm going to go entertain them. Outside. So we don't make a mess of my spotless house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They just want your money. The only reason your house needs cleaned is those dang dogs! How is keeping them off of the sofa going?
:) Rach