Monday, February 22, 2010

Last Week

Today I drove down to Iola for the last time. On the way I stopped at D'Bronx and got a J Bomb for my preceptor, then I was drawn by a supernatural, magnetic force to the corner of 119th and Roe where I found myself in the parking lot of Dean and Deluca.  Oh boy oh boy oh boy!  I was like a kid in a candy store, or an adult woman in a gourmet foodery surrounded by cases of desserts....same phenomenon.  I bought some brownie pops (chunks of brownie covered in chocolate - in an assortment of flavors - original, caramel, peanut butter, mint and raspberry), and then some chocolate kahlua something or others....all's I know is that they were balls of ooey gooey chocolatey deliciousness topped with more chocolate and then topped with white and dark chocolate shavings.  Does life get any better?  Me thinks not. 

When I got to the doctor's office, there was some sort of drama unfolding and hormonal typhoons were running rampant.  Luckily the chocolate that I brought seemed to squelch the adversity, restore peace and bring about contentment.  Birds chirped, woodland creatures scampered about and a lovely rainbow shown over the office.  You're welcome.

So this is my last week here.  Tomorrow we have a c-section scheduled in the morning and then a 12 hour ER shift.  Wednesday will be another day in the clinic and Thursday morning we have another c-section.  Then I'll head back to KC and pick up my peanut from her grandma and grandpa's house and smooch her like crazy.  I'll have the weekend off and then I start a Palliative Care rotation on Monday at KU.

In Weezy news, she had her 6 month check up last Thursday.  I can't remember her height and weight, but she is in the 70th and 97th percentiles respectively.  Oh, and her little noggin is in the 97th percentile as well.  She has a huge cranium...like sputnik!  Here's a picture from her 6 month photo shoot - complements of Oma....

I could gobble those little cheeks up!

While I'm in Iola I get frequent updates from Louisa's Oma and GG regarding Louisa's daily activities.  Today she ate lots of baby food, continued her frustrating quest to figure out how to crawl, took a nap on Oma's lap, then became indignant when Oma took a nap and in doing so, ignored her.  The nerve!  She also waved at Oma, GG and her daddy.  Speaking of her daddy....he's pretty cute.



See?  Told ya :)

In other news, Darius Rucker is trying to kill me.  Have you heard It Won't Be Like This For Long?  He is an evil, evil man.  Martina McBride tried to kill me a few weeks ago when I heard In my Daughter's Eyes while driving to Iola.  As of yet, Miley Cyrus has never tried to kill me, so It's a Party in the I-O-L-A!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Darius Rucker, really? Hootie? I heard he's gone country. That kid is so stinking cute! Her Aunt Rachel needs to come visit her while her mommy teaches Aunt Rachel how to cook!
Rach