Saturday, May 1, 2010

Voyage into domesticity

Danny had been pestering me all week about making cookies, so I finally broke down and did it.  I thought it would be a good mother-daughter bonding activity.  So while Danny was outside mowing the grass weeds, the girls got to work in the kitchen.  First things first - the immobilization of Louisa.  This turned out to be easier than I had expected.  Apparently she doesn't mind sitting in her little highchair.  As long as I keep giving her cereal.  And attention.  And cookie dough. 

That kid's not going anywhere.

(Ah, look.  You've now seen my entire kitchen.  Danny thinks it's the right size, as it is just big enough for one woman.  Feel free to smack him the next time you see him.  But don't tell him why.  That would be funny.)

After I got her tied down I started on my cookies.  I talked Weezy through the process.  We discussed mommy's journey to find the perfect margarine, the margarine to flour ratio and the importance of using Nestle chocolate chips.  I made her promise me that she would never ever ever use the cheap chocolate chips from Aldi. 

So help me, amen.  

I don't want my girl to suffer through same mistakes that her mother has made.  She seemed only mildly interested.  Apparently she didn't understand the importance of the information that I was bestowing on her.  She was too busy fumbling around with the little nugget of dough that I'd given her, trying to get it from her sticky little fingers into her mouth. 

Then Charlie decided to get in on the action. 

When we finished up with the cookies, we went outside to watch Danny finish up mowing.  Weezy sat on my lap and clapped for him every time he went by.  She didn't clap for me when I was stirring up the dough....by hand....without a blender....

meh....

daddy's girl. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To say that I am not pleased that cookies were made this weekend and I was not called would be an understatement. It may take me a while to forgive you...cookies might make it better.
Rach