Friday, December 18, 2009

Another Friday at the Bartlett's

On a normal Friday night, we would go out and party hard into the wee hours of the morning. Actually that's a lie. We did that in college. Okay, that's a lie too. We're lame and have always been lame. I'm planning on a hard core midlife crisis someday.

Tonight was a nice Friday evening. It started out by getting our church on - Danny likes to watch the live web casts from a church in St. Joseph. So we did church on the couch with coffee and a jabbering/sleeping/eating baby. Then I snuck off to take a bath while Louisa was watching her "Your Baby Can Read" DVD. If they made a "Your Baby Can MCAT" we would probably own it. Yeah, she's 4 months old....what of it?

My bath was fantastic. I really needed it, and not just because I needed the relaxation of a hot bubble bath with a glass of wine (thanks Chris & LeAnn!), but I actually hadn't bathed in a while and was really starting to smell like rotting cheese. How is it that a baby can drink milk and then spit up cottage cheese? I'll never know. Anyway, my bath was so great, with my favorite candles and new bath gel.....and after my first glass of wine I barely noticed the hairball laying on the side of the tub. And the mold growing around the caulking.

I got out of my bath and Louisa started fussing a little bit in the other room. Oops! I guess mommy can't help you. Would hate to damage your cute little liver. Daddy!!! So I went upstairs to change and Charlie followed me. I got my jammies on and then hopped in bed with one of my favorite guys....the smelly/hairy one (Charlie ~ I realize that wasn't so obvious). We snuggled for a bit and he rubbed his slimy little snout all over the pillows. (My mom is cringing right now.) He got his belly scratched, his chin rubbed and lots of smooches. If everyone in the world had a one-eyed pirate dog, the world would be a better place! I might need a second bath now though.

We came down stairs and Danny was putting Weezy to sleep. She has recently learned to roll from her back to her front and likes to practice doing so at every opportunity. The only problem is that she can't roll to her back from her front and she really despises tummy time. So we'll roll her back over and pretty much immediately she'll roll back onto her tummy.....and resume the face-planted screaming. This is a prime example that just because you CAN do something doesn't mean that you SHOULD.

Speaking of examples.....last weekend I was cleaning the house (and I use the word "cleaning" very loosely) and spent a great deal of time painstakingly cleaning the salt and pepper shakers. As I was doing so, I realized that I was really missing the forest for the trees. But boy did those salt and pepper shakers look GOOD!

Okay, my Friday night is coming to an end. Danny just kissed me and went to bed. I should probably head that way myself.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! If you get the chance, take a nice, hot bubble bath and smooch a shaggy dog!

2 comments:

Rob, Jenny, Anna, Ashley and Abby said...

Great entry! Couldn't help but to share the ONE thing that gets Anna to do tummy time- she HATES it as well! We bought a medium sized bouncy ball and we roll her on her stomach on the ball back and forth while she stares at objects that we place on the floor. We have done it for the last week (even though she only last 5 or so minutes it's longer then she lasts at tummy time) and she seems to be okay with it... or she's just scared shitless that her head is going to hit the floor! But give it a shot- it won't hurt!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your first paragraph most. You so NEVER went out, unless I drug you out with me!
Rach