Sunday, March 4, 2012

Back to the VA - a blog for S. Rod....

To ensure my good standing as I return to the VA tomorrow, let me take a minute to give a big shout out to one of my favorite peeps, Stephanie Rodriguez. 

If you've stepped foot inside the KCVA as a medical student, internal medicine resident or fellow, you know Stephanie well.  She makes sure that we are all licensed, oriented, qualified, identified (with multiple sets of fingerprints), certified, familiarized and petrified.  She keeps us on our toes, threatens life and limb when discharge summaries are late and warns us about "special" medical students she's detected during the orientation process.  She also tells tales of a certain staff doctor that she dated in high school. Apparently he was kind of immature....shocker!

Hands down, her most important function is organizing snacks in the conference room.  For whatever reason, snack time occurs on a daily basis when I'm away from the VA ( I know this because I still get the notification on my pager), but as soon as I return, snack time essentially ceases to exist....why is this?  What does it all mean?  Stephanie?

So....my friend, expect to see me bright and early in the morning.  I have forgotten my password and I will need to get my computer access re-established.  Then I will need you to remind me how to forward the ID consults to my account.  And I have like, a million notifications I need you to help me delete.  I will also need some chocolate. Aren't you excited to see me????

CBart

No comments: